When to Buy a Rebuilt Transmission
When your truck’s transmission goes out, your first thought may be to purchase a new transmission because new is always better, right? Not always! Rebuilt truck parts are just as good for your truck. So, before you completely dismiss the idea of a rebuilt transmission, consider the facts.
What is a Rebuilt Transmission?
A rebuilt transmission is a used transmission that has been disassembled and rebuilt with new components. The transmission’s casing or housing, however, is still used. You can order a custom rebuild or purchase an already completed rebuilt part from an established supplier.
The Advantages of a Rebuilt Transmission
There are advantages to purchasing rebuilt truck parts versus buying a brand new transmission. Just a few of these benefits include:
• Cost – Rebuilt truck parts in the Surrey and Vancouver area cost much less than brand new. You can save several hundred dollars (if not a few thousand).
• Latest Components – Rebuilt transmissions come with the latest components, fittings and pieces. New transmissions can sit in inventory for months (if not years), so there is no way to guarantee they have the latest parts.
• Most New are Used Anyway – Most products advertised as “new transmission” are actually used. Only a few manufacturers sell brand new transmissions – so while you are buying what you think is new, it is really a “factory rebuild”. The only difference is you are paying for the “like new” price straight from the manufacturer.
• Environment – A rebuilt transmission is good for the environment. It requires less energy and consumption of resources to make and ensures less waste.
• Perfect Sync – The truck you have was built with a transmission to suit. Everything works in perfect sync because they were built for one another. When you replace your transmission with a new one, you sacrifice this harmony. On the other hand, if you rebuild that same transmission, you get one that was meant for your truck.
Bottom line, new is not always better. From the cost savings to environmental impact to getting the latest components, purchasing rebuilt truck parts can make sense.
99 Truck Parts carries a full line of rebuilt truck parts serving Vancouver, Surrey, Langley, and surrounding areas, and can assist you with your rebuilt transmission needs. If you think you need a new transmission, come to us first. Call us today at 800-663-6460 for a transmission quote or contact us online to learn more.